I'm a girl who loves beauty products, even though I haven't always been very keen on them, so I decided to start a beauty blog, where I share beauty product reviews with others and tell you about both the worst and best beauty products out there, according to me.

I'm also hoping it will make beauty and makeup more fun, even for those who are not beauty addicts already.

Friday, October 26, 2012

Review: Boots No 7 Protect & Perfect Serum

My Mom swears by her Boots No 7 Protect & Perfect Serum, and while my skin does not show any serious signs of aging (I mostly have some fine lines around my eyes, and maybe one or two around my lips. Like I have mentioned, I have combination/oily skin though, so that could be why), I always thought an anti-ageing product could still do something for me, because who doesn't have rather dull skin from time to time, especially if you haven't gotten enough sleep for a while?
I also kind of figure that sometimes it is better to battle different conditions before you actually notice them, so I decided to give my Mom's favorite product a try too.
First of all, I like the texture of this serum, it's very nice, and it makes it a pleasure to apply this serum. The scent is rather neutral, but nice, so I think the Boots No 7 serum suits those who prefer unscented products too.
The serum doesn't make me break out or anything either, so it's nice to use it as a kind of moisturizer, but I must say this serum did not do any miracles for my skin in any way. The small lines I had before, are still there, and this is despite having used the Boots No 7 Protect & Perfect Serum for the 4 weeks that they recommend, since Boots say it takes around 4 weeks to see any results. It does absorb very fast though, so maybe I will keep using it for a while. I do have quite a lot left, after all, and maybe it takes longer for some to see results?

But as things are now, I probably wouldn't buy another tube. But maybe I should try this serum again in a few years?

No comments:

Post a Comment