I'm a girl who loves beauty products, even though I haven't always been very keen on them, so I decided to start a beauty blog, where I share beauty product reviews with others and tell you about both the worst and best beauty products out there, according to me.

I'm also hoping it will make beauty and makeup more fun, even for those who are not beauty addicts already.

Friday, September 6, 2013

Review: Lancome by Alber Elbaz Hypnose Star mascara

Ok, so it's time to jot down a few thoughts on the second Lancome by Alber Elbaz mascara I bought a while ago. It's the Hypnose Star, that comes with a really cute blue and white design, that I simply love!

Since I really, really liked the other Lancome by Alber Elbaz mascara I bought, the Hypnose Drama, my hopes for this mascara were really high. But sadly, I didn't like the Hypnose Star as much as the Hypnose Drama, because it didn't really lengthen and thicken my lashes in the same way at all. I am really a fan of dramatic lashes, and the Hypnose Drama gives you just that, but the Hypnose Star doesn't.
The brush on this mascara isn't curved like the brush in the Hypnose Drama mascara, so I think putting the mascara on is also a bit more of a hassle, which is another downside. And unlike the Hypnose Drama (sorry for mentioning that mascara so much in this review, since it isn't really a Hypnose Drama review, but a Hypnose Star review, but the differences really are huge, and it's just easier to illustrate them by comparing the two!), this mascara actually both smudges and flakes, which is a big no-no of course.
So I must say that I didn't like the Hypnose Star at all, which was actually really surprising since the Hypnose Drama was actually one of the best mascaras I've ever tried! So it's kind of strange that the differences are so big. But since I did find one Lancome by Alber Elbaz mascara that really works for me, I don't really mind that much. And like I said, the packaging and the design on this is absolutely adorable, so it's still a really cute and fun item to have in your makeup bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment