I'm a girl who loves beauty products, even though I haven't always been very keen on them, so I decided to start a beauty blog, where I share beauty product reviews with others and tell you about both the worst and best beauty products out there, according to me.

I'm also hoping it will make beauty and makeup more fun, even for those who are not beauty addicts already.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Review: Sephora Soothing Cleansing Milk

Ok, so like I promised in my previous post, I will be reviewing some of the products I got at Sephora in Paris. First up: The Soothing Cleansing Milk, from their own Sephora brand.
Now, as you may know, I am a huge fan of Soap and Glory's Peaches and Clean Cleansing Milk (if you want to know why, read this review, where I explain it in detail), so whenever I try any other cleansing milk, I kind of hope it will be similar to the Soap and Glory one. Sephora's Cleansing Milk, however, is not as good by any means.
Why? you ask? Here are a few reasons:
  • First of all, it doesn't clean well. I always use a muslin cloth to wipe my face after I wash it, and while I used a lot of the Sephora Soothing Cleansing Milk, with my Clarisonic dupe, the cloth still had clear traces of foundation on it when I wiped my face, something that normally doesn't happen when I wash my face with the products I usually use. And yes, I am sure I rinsed enough etc.!
  • Second of all, this cleansing milk left my face feeling kind of greasy. Now, this is a product that is supposed to make your face feel softer after you use it, so maybe it contains some products that could be making your face both softer and greasier for some reason, but for me, the most important thing with facial cleansers is that they make my face feel fresh and clean, and this cleansing milk definitely does not do that!
  • My face was also red and stung after I used this cleansing milk. Not a good look, or feeling!
  • It also made my skin break out, and considering that it really does not cleanse your skin, I don't find it surprising at all.
So all in all, not a great cleanser for me, by any means, and I definitely will not be getting this again.
 The only good thing I can think of to say about the Sephora Soothing Cleansing Milk is that the small travel size is really good, if this cleanser works better for you than it did for me, it could definitely be the only facial cleanser you need to take with you on a short trip of let's say 5 days to a week. So when it comes to travel packaging, Sephora nails it, but when it comes to the product itself, it was really disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment