I'm a girl who loves beauty products, even though I haven't always been very keen on them, so I decided to start a beauty blog, where I share beauty product reviews with others and tell you about both the worst and best beauty products out there, according to me.

I'm also hoping it will make beauty and makeup more fun, even for those who are not beauty addicts already.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

How I store parts of my beauty items

I always find posts about beauty storage very interesting, so I think it is only fair I write some posts about how I store my own beauty products as well. Some of the things I own are actually stored in some really cute metal boxes, made by Derriere La Porte, so I thought showing those boxes - and their contents - would be a good start.

The boxes look like this:
And one of the boxes is for samples, and a rather small one. I was actually hoping it would be bigger when I bought it, but it was kind of hard to judge how big it was since I bought it online. So when I got it, I realized I wouldn't be able to fit all my samples into it, but I do try to put the samples I am currently using or want to get around to using in it.
This is what it currently contains:
It's some Payot products, that I got in the Glamguru box I got recently, some Paul and Joe miniature bottles that I haven't used up yet, half a sample of a Valentino perfume, a body lotion I got on a trip recently and a hair serum from Mon Platin, the brand that makes the hair mask and shampoo that I reviewed recently (here and here). If I remember correctly, I got the hair serum with the hair mask. But if not, then with the shampoo.
I also have a box for all my lip products, and this box is much bigger.
So it actually fits quite a lot of stuff:
What's currently in it is basically several products from the Bliss Fabulips set (reviewed here), Rosebud Salve in Minted Rose in both a jar and a tube, a breath freshening spray by Anatomicals (I am actually not sure why this is in my lip box, but it is, so I decided to leave it in, for authenticity's sake), a lip butter from Jelly Belly (Jelly Bean), a MAC Cremesheen Glass and a MAC Lustreglass, a Chanel lipstick (reviewed here), a Chanel lip balm (review to come!), a Dior Lip Maximizer (reviewed here), a Dior Lip Glow (reviewed here), a Pupa lip gloss that I got in the Glamguru box recently and a YSL Sheer Candy lip gloss.
With the exception of the Pupa lip gloss, that I haven't actually gotten around to trying yet, I use pretty much all of these products on a regular basis, but since I like variation, I don't always reach for the same product. So it's pretty handy to have a box where I can place all of them, so that I don't have to look around for lip products too much in the morning. Due to their small size, these small tubes can get lost quite easily otherwise.

1 comment: