I'm a girl who loves beauty products, even though I haven't always been very keen on them, so I decided to start a beauty blog, where I share beauty product reviews with others and tell you about both the worst and best beauty products out there, according to me.

I'm also hoping it will make beauty and makeup more fun, even for those who are not beauty addicts already.

Friday, August 9, 2013

Review: Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

If you've been reading this blog for a while, you might have noticed that one of my main issues for quite some time has been to find a really good foundation, with no flaws. I've tried countless foundations, in all price ranges, and still haven't found one that works well in a hot and humid climate (during the summer), on oily skin, has good coverage but lasts a long time too.

So when I saw that my local pharmacy (that sells a lot of cosmetics) had a special deal for the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation I wasn't expecting too much. I was hoping that maybe it would be okay, but not much more. So imagine my surprise when the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation actually turned out to be the best foundation I've tried so far!
Why is that?

First of all, the coverage is great, it hides pretty much everything you could possibly want to hide, and really well too. But the result is still really natural, so it doesn't look like you have "paint" and a thick layer on, which is really important to me, especially during the summer, since a runny and thick foundation is hardly a good look.

So it basically makes my skin look really pretty, and who doesn't want that, right?

The lasting power is also wonderful, I do not need to reapply this foundation during the day like I do with most other foundations. And the price is really good too!
This foundation also has quite a nice scent, which is not something I am used to when it comes to foundations, but it's really nice, of course.

So I will most definitely be purchasing this foundation again, at least for use during the summer, but I actually think it would work really nicely all year round too.

(Unfortunately I didn't remember to take a photo of this foundation when it was new, this is how the bottle looks after I've been using it for around 1.5 months. So sorry for the ugly photos in this post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment