I'm a girl who loves beauty products, even though I haven't always been very keen on them, so I decided to start a beauty blog, where I share beauty product reviews with others and tell you about both the worst and best beauty products out there, according to me.

I'm also hoping it will make beauty and makeup more fun, even for those who are not beauty addicts already.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Review: La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel

I have been hearing a lot of good stuff about the French skincare brand La Roche-Posay lately. This is a brand sold in French pharmacies, and since I have had pretty good experiences with pharmacy brands in the past (Swedish ACO products are excellent, for instance), but never tried French pharmacy brands before, I really wanted to try something by La Roche-Posay.

Since my skin is a typical oily skin, I quickly understood La Roche-Posay's Effaclar line would probably fit me the best, so one of the first La Roche-Posay products I had to get was their Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel.
The first thing I noticed when I started using this was the amazing scent. It smells very clean, very natural and really nice, so it's really a joy to use, scent-wise. It also foams up just a little bit, but not too much, so it becomes annoying to use, and is basically a pretty basic cleansing gel, which is pretty much what you would expect from a pharmacy cleanser, I guess.
But it does clear up my skin really nicely, yet without irritating it. So my skin definitely improved after I started using this! I haven't been using it for that long though, just for a couple of weeks, and people say the long term results are even better. So I think I will really stick to using only this gel for a while now, and see if the long term results really are that impressive.
I will definitely buy this again, as well as other products from this brand, because I was that impressed! I would almost say that this is the best cleanser I know of, if it wasn't for the lovely scent that Soap & Glory facial cleansers (namely Peaches and Clean and Face Soap and Clarity) have and which I slightly prefer to the scent of the Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel.

But this was definitely a really good purchase for me, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone with acne prone or oily skin, since a lot of people seem to get really amazing results with this!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great product and I was just reading your previous post - must try the heel cream.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been loving this cleanser for a while. Doesn't dry up my skin and helps with preventing breakouts. I also am a big fan of their Effaclar A.I. (the targeted breakout cream). Whenever a breakout is starting to surface, I put the cream on and in 2 days, the bump would go away. Highly recommend that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Miss B! Small Town Gal, thanks for the tip about the Effaclar A.I, I will definitely give that a try too!

    ReplyDelete