I'm a girl who loves beauty products, even though I haven't always been very keen on them, so I decided to start a beauty blog, where I share beauty product reviews with others and tell you about both the worst and best beauty products out there, according to me.

I'm also hoping it will make beauty and makeup more fun, even for those who are not beauty addicts already.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Review: Ciate Caviar Rainbow

I mentioned that I had managed to get two Ciate Caviar manicure sets a while ago, and now I have had a chance to try the first one out of them, the set called Rainbow, with a light pink base and multicolored pearls.

Since I had been dying to try these manicure sets for a long time, my hopes were obviously quite high, but I must say that even though I followed all the instructions that came with the set very carefully, this manicure set was rather disappointing for me. I mean, it was very easy to apply the polish and the pearls and make it look nice, but the look really doesn't last for very long. My pearls started falling off the same evening, and the next day (which is when I really wanted to have cool nails), over 80 % of the pearls had fallen off, leaving the nails looking rather ugly, since you could see little traces of the pearls where they had been, but the pearls were long gone.
So I would only apply the products from this set again if I needed to have "caviar nails" for a very short period of time only, like when I am going to this wedding that I wanted to have white caviar nails for in a while. But generally, I prefer for whatever I add to my nails to stay there for quite some time, meaning at least a week, so I don't think I will be using this set on a regular basis. Because not only do the pearls fall off very quickly, it also takes quite a long time for the manicure to dry completely so that you can use your hands again after you've applied the polish and pearls, much longer than it takes for a regular manicure to dry.
So if very short term results are ok for you, and you have a lot of time to spend on waiting for your nails to dry, the Ciate Caviar sets might work for you, but I would say most women would probably prefer something else in their day to day lives.
The look is very pretty though, so I really can't complain about that at all, and I've read other Ciate Caviar reviews that say that you get better and more durable results if you use this set on your feet, as a pedicure instead of a manicure, so maybe I will try that before I give the sets away.

No comments:

Post a Comment