I'm a girl who loves beauty products, even though I haven't always been very keen on them, so I decided to start a beauty blog, where I share beauty product reviews with others and tell you about both the worst and best beauty products out there, according to me.

I'm also hoping it will make beauty and makeup more fun, even for those who are not beauty addicts already.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Review: Calvin Klein Downtown

Strawberrynet, where I regularly get beauty products of all kinds, had a special offer on perfumes and scents recently, so I ordered quite a few new scents. Now I've had a chance to try most of these for a while, so I thought I would share some thoughts on them. The first scent I wanted to share some thoughts on is Calvin Klein's Downtown.
This scent was launched in late 2013, and is a fairly modern, urban scent (hence the name, I suppose), and since it was described as having notes of lemon, bergamot, pear, plum, cedar and violet, just to name a few, I thought I would like it, so I took a chance and ordered it, without ever having had a chance to try it.

But I was actually really happy with this scent when I got it. It's light and cute, yet not overpowering, making it a good choice for every day use, in my opinion.
The longevity is not the best, however, I can't smell the scent for more than a couple of hours at most, making this scent a bit less suitable for every day use, I suppose. So while I would not mind wearing this scent to work etc., I don't think this is what I will actually do, instead, I think I will use this for special occasions etc. in the evening.

But I would definitely call Downtown a unique scent, it doesn't remind me of any other scent that I've tried, which is nice. I also find the packaging both sleek, pretty and unique, which is nice.

Due to the problem with longevity, I am not sure I would be getting this perfume again though. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment