I'm a girl who loves beauty products, even though I haven't always been very keen on them, so I decided to start a beauty blog, where I share beauty product reviews with others and tell you about both the worst and best beauty products out there, according to me.

I'm also hoping it will make beauty and makeup more fun, even for those who are not beauty addicts already.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Review: Soap and Glory Fab Pore Hot Cloth Cleanser

As you may know, I am a huge fan of everything Soap and Glory makes. Well, everything I've tried anyway. So while the idea of a hot cloth cleanser didn't appeal to me all that much (it just seemed like a less hygienic way to clean your skin somehow, and a bit of a hassle too), I thought I should try the Fab Pore Hot Cloth Cleanser anyway, since I absolutely loved the facial mask from the same line. And boy, am I glad I did!

Because it turns out I actually like this cleansing method a lot, it's not unhygienic at all, and not a hassle in any way, plus it really cleans your skin so well! And the product is actually really, really good too!

Because not only does it remove all make up you have on (I didn't want to try it with make up on at first, but decided to give it a try anyway, since I had heard that this is actually what you are supposed to do, it also gently exfoliates the skin, and leaves your skin really fresh, soft and clean. It doesn't dry your skin out at all, like some cleansers do, and using this product is actually a really nice routine at the end of the day.

What you do is basically that you apply the cream - yes, on top of your make up, massage it for around a minute and then leave it on for a minute or two (it says 60 seconds on the box, but I've left it on for longer too, without any problems), while you put the muslin cloth you get with it, in a bowl of hot water. After some time has passed, you simply dab the cloth on your face, thus removing the make up and dirt from your face. Dip the cloth into the water every once in a while, and if you are a germaphobe like me, you can even change the water if you'd like, but I don't think it's really necessary.
The cleanser comes with clear instructions, so even if you think this sounds like a lengthy process, it really isn't. Just follow the instructions and you should be fine!

The only thing I can complain about regarding this product is the fact that it has no special scent, which is something you'd find in most other Soap and Glory beauty products, but this cleanser has a very, very light, almost not noticeable scent. But that's really not a biggie since the cleanser literally works wonders! It's just something that surprised me a bit, so I thought it would be worth mentioning.

I will definitely be getting this cleanser again, and would recommend it to anyone with oily or combination skin. If it works even half as good on you as it did on me, you will not be sorry you got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment