I'm a girl who loves beauty products, even though I haven't always been very keen on them, so I decided to start a beauty blog, where I share beauty product reviews with others and tell you about both the worst and best beauty products out there, according to me.

I'm also hoping it will make beauty and makeup more fun, even for those who are not beauty addicts already.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Just shopped: Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

I have been thinking about getting a Clarisonic device for a long, long time now, but several things have been putting me off this:
- First of all the price, it seems a bit steep, since I got a similar device (non-branded) when the Clarisonic came out, which cost next to nothing, and it worked quite nicely, so I was thinking the Clarisonic can't possibly be much better than that one, and then it seems kind of crazy to pay so more more for basically the same product? (Please note, I am not saying the Clarisonic copies are just as good as the original, I can't, really, since I haven't even tried the original, this is just general musings from my part)
- Second of all, I couldn't quite understand which Clarisonic device would be the best specific needs, so I always kept putting buying one off because I wanted to do some more research.
- Third of all, while a lot of people seem really happy with their Clarisonics, not everyone is, if I read Clarisonic reviews, so I wasn't 100 % sure it's actually a good idea to use Clarisonic on skin that has problems to begin with.

So when I read reviews regarding the Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System, which is significantly cheaper than any of the Clarisonic devices, and noticed that a lot of people really like this device, that is meant to thoroughly clean your skin, I decided it could be worth a try. I mean, if I am not happy with it, I can always get a Clarisonic later, right?
I got the Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System on Ebay, for around $40, and will be reviewing it once I have had a chance to use it for a while, of course. I do believe you need to use products like these for a while before you see results, after all.

PS: If you are wondering what ever happened to the Clarisonic copy I got, I used it for a long time, but the brush got kind of dirty and I wouldn't find any replacement brushes, so I had to stop using it. I was happy with it otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment