I'm a girl who loves beauty products, even though I haven't always been very keen on them, so I decided to start a beauty blog, where I share beauty product reviews with others and tell you about both the worst and best beauty products out there, according to me.

I'm also hoping it will make beauty and makeup more fun, even for those who are not beauty addicts already.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

My latest buys: New organic products from Laline

One of my favorite brands, when it comes to the cheaper price range, is definitely Laline. They make wonderful products, with great scents and in really pretty packages, in France and in Israel, and whenever I pass by one of their stores, I find it really hard not to buy something.
So when I had to go into a Laline store for a wedding present for a beauty freak, it was kind of a given that I would be getting something for myself as well.

And that I did!
Not a lot of stuff, but still.
What I ended up getting was a Lily of the valley-scented soap (Laline's soaps are amazing, if you only buy one thing there, I highly recommend that it is a soap. I tend to go for the lemon and the Lily of the valley scented soaps myself, but there are plenty of others to choose from as well) and two products from Laline's new, organic range.
This is their new organic Facial serum, that I wanted to try because I have previously tried their regular serum, which is just wonderful. It is enriched with both vitamin E and Macadamia Oil, and a whole 99.6 % of all the ingredients are completely natural, which I think is just great.

After having tried the Laline Facial serum at home though, I have to say that I was a bit dissapointed. Their regular facial serum smells like cucumber and leaves your face feeling really fresh, but this new serum is an oil, which mostly leaves you skin feeling... well, oily.
Some people with very dry skin might appreciate that sensation, but personally, I don't strive for oily skin, so I wish I had gotten the regular Facial serum instead.

The new Laline eye cream, also organic, was a much better buy, however. It consists of a lot of goodies, such as vitamin E as well, beeswax, Dead Sea minerals and shea butter, and you are supposed to apply it every morning and evening. I have done just that twice by now, and the eye cream is wonderful. It's easy to apply, it sinks in to your skin really fast and it does work wonders on that tricky area around the eyes.

So I can really recommend the Laline organic eye cream, but if you are looking for facial serums, I would keep looking, or try the cucumber one instead.

If you are not familiar with Laline, their stores can be found in:
San Fransisco
Tokyo
St. Thomas USVI
and Basel, Switzerland, besides in Israel.

A typical Laline store looks something like this:

(pic from Laline's website)

Have a nice weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment