I'm a girl who loves beauty products, even though I haven't always been very keen on them, so I decided to start a beauty blog, where I share beauty product reviews with others and tell you about both the worst and best beauty products out there, according to me.

I'm also hoping it will make beauty and makeup more fun, even for those who are not beauty addicts already.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Review: Chanel no 5

First off, let me start this review by saying: I know, who do I think I am, reviewing the Chanel no 5 scent like it has never been done before and like I have something important to add to all the things that have already been said about this scent.

I really do not claim to be an expert on scents in any way, but I do believe scents are such an incredibly personal thing that we all think differently about them and therefore, even a review written by a total newbie on scents and all things related to them might be of interest.
After all, I am sure not everyone that wears this scent is a perfume expert either?

So now that all that has been said: what did I actually think about this scent?
(I should add that I was gifted a bottle. I know, I am so lucky to have friends who give me presents like this!)
First of all, I did expect it to be a bit of an old ladyish scent. After having tried it, I don't think it is at all, but it is a very classic scent. You can tell that it has been around for a long time, and that it is a more upscale scent compared to some others I wear. So I don't think it is a scent for the hip IT-girls, except if they go to fancier events during the evening.

For some reason this does strike me as an evening wear scent. I personally would not wear it during the day, or for regular evenings out but I do think it would suit a special event where you dress up etc.

It is also important to note that the scent completely changes after you put it on, so if you are not familiar with the Chanel no 5, you should not just smell it from the bottle in order to decide if it is your thing or not. No, you need to put it on, wait around 5 minutes and then you'll get to smell the real scent!

So all in all, I am very happy I gave Chanel no 5 a try, although I do not think I will start wearing this on a regular basis. It is a gorgeous scent though, but I feel my life and style generally is a bit more low key than this scent I guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment