I'm a girl who loves beauty products, even though I haven't always been very keen on them, so I decided to start a beauty blog, where I share beauty product reviews with others and tell you about both the worst and best beauty products out there, according to me.

I'm also hoping it will make beauty and makeup more fun, even for those who are not beauty addicts already.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

My new MAC brushes

I went shopping at MAC recently, and got quite a few things. They will all be reviewed here of course, but let's start with the brushes I got. I've never owned brushes from MAC before, but I have heard very good things about them, so I decided to give them a try, largely because the sales girl really pushed me into it a little bit as well.
The brushes I got was the MAC 138 and the MAC 187. The MAC 138 is supposed to be used for blush, as well as face powder, and that is indeed what I have been using it for. (the MAC 138 is the brush on the left in the photo above)
I have to say it works wonderfully for this, it gives you just the right amount and you don't have to work very hard at making the end result good. So I was quite pleased with the MAC 138!

The MAC 187 Brush is another story completely though...
I wasn't sure I should get this to begin with, since I have always prefered sponges for foundation, which is what you should be using this brush for. But the sales girl convinced me this would be a better choice for the foundation I got (more on that later), so I decided to give it a try. But applying foundation with a brush like this is a lot of work, since the result will not be smooth and nice immediately, like when you use a sponge. And I prefer for any product I use to give me fast results, I generally do not feel like working on my face for hours before it looks presentable.
So I definitely would not recommend the MAC 187 to anyone who is a sponge user normally and wants their make up application to be fast and easy.
Another thing worth mentioning in case you are not that familiar with MAC products is that MAC brushes need to be washed and cleaned once a week. You can buy special brush cleansers from MAC themselves, but the sales girl who sold me these brushes told me you can use regular shampoo as well, so that's what I have been doing. It seems to work pretty well, but once a week is really very often I think, I haven't been washing other brushes I own quite that often. But I guess you get used to it...

Either way, the brushes are quite well made, the quality is nice, I am just not sure if a brush is the way to go for a foundation for me personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment